There’s a number of actions you can take that can help to protect your identity:
- Check your ClearScore report regularly for any incorrect or unrecognised information.
- If there’s information you don’t recognise, you can alert the relevant lender so they can launch an investigation
- Make sure you securely dispose of any documents containing personal information, such as; bank statements, utility bills or expired identity documents
- Add an extra layer of security by setting up two-factor authentication (2FA) on your online accounts, such as; email, online banking and social media. If you’d like to set up 2FA on your ClearScore account, check out this .
- Report any lost or stolen identity documents to the issuing organisation as soon as you realise
- Don’t open or respond to any suspicious emails, texts or phone calls
- Use different passwords for each online account, making sure these are difficult for someone to guess. For help with creating a strong password, check out our . You can also use a password manager, such as , to help with this.
For further tips on protecting your identity, check out , Australia's national identity and cyber support service website.