If you suspect you may be a victim of fraud, it’s important to know that there are services available to support you.
- For tailored advice from experts, contact IDCARE on 1300 432 273. Alternatively, you can visit their
- Check your credit report with ClearScore to see if someone has applied for or taken out credit in your name.
If there’s information you don’t recognise, you can alert the relevant lender so they can launch an investigation.
- Contact your local police, or report it to
- Contact your bank and let them know what’s happened so they can monitor your account closely
- Change your passwords and PINs, making sure that these are different for each account and are difficult for someone else to guess. You can also consider using a password manager, such as , to help with this.
- Update and run anti-virus software on all internet-enabled devices
- Review your social media settings and minimise how much personal information you are sharing publicly